Thursday 2 January 2014

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness




As many people recommended this book to me, I was full of anticipation as I opened the first page to read it, and I have to say, I was very disappointed!

The writing is unique in its presentation and I found it incredibly difficult to get into. The author seemed to ramble a lot but never stated anything important which made it uninteresting and tedious. The plot was slow and complicated and made me lose interest very quickly; this made the novel a chore to read.

Having said that, the characters were one of the books redeeming features.  The two main characters were relatable teenagers who were going on a journey of self discovery throughout the novel. I didn't think this was conveyed very well to the reader so I was confused about what was happening for the majority of the book.

Overall, this wasn't the best book I've ever read but some people may enjoy the lack of description and writing style. I would recommend this book to people who have a good attention span and a lot of patience and I hope that the next book in the series is more interesting and enjoyable.
.

Beth’s Book Rating:  2/10

No comments:

Post a Comment